Issue 14 for Architectural Tips & Tricks
Welcome to this month's Graitec Architectural ‘Tips and Tricks’ newsletter. We have produced this with you our Clients, in mind. Our aim is to regularly pass on helpful Tips and Tricks on Autodesk Architectural Software products. We will try and keep this document full of useful and relevant information for you but if you want to make some suggestions on the content, drop us a line and we will do our best to include your requests.
Please take the time to look at the contents of this Newsletter, you never know, the answer to something that is puzzling you today may be right here.
This Months Tips & Tricks Focus Is On:
In most instances when creating blocks that contain attributes, it is important that the order in which the attributes are requested remains the same as the order in which they were created! Many people do not realise that the order in which they are selected in the block creation process is the order in which they will be requested when inserting the block! Most people will use a crossing or selection window when creating a block so will end up with attributes being requested in a random order! AutoCADs Block Attribute Manager tool or BATTMAN command will allow you to reorganise the order in which your attributes are requested
1. Click on the EXPRESS TOOLS ribbon tab and then click EXPLODE ATTRIBUTES button on the BLOCKS RIBBON PANEL.
2. Select the block(s) that you wish to explode and press ENTER to confirm the selection.
3. The attribute information should now be converted to SINGLE LINE TEXT.
4. Alternatively type BURST on the command line and press ENTER.
5. Select the block(s) you wish to explode and press ENTER to confirm the selection.