Issue 2 for Architectural Tips & Tricks
Welcome to this month's Graitec Architectural ‘Tips and Tricks’ newsletter. We have produced this with you our Clients, in mind. Our aim is to regularly pass on helpful Tips and Tricks on Autodesk Architectural Software products. We will try and keep this document full of useful and relevant information for you but if you want to make some suggestions on the content, drop us a line and we will do our best to include your requests.
Please take the time to look at the contents of this Newsletter, you never know, the answer to something that is puzzling you today may be right here.
This Months Tips & Tricks Focus Is On:
Polygonal Selection Windows
Polygonal selection windows
Polygonal selection windows allow more versatile selection than the normal selection boxes. For example in busy drawings it may be necessary to omit certain objects that would usually be selected when using selection boxes. Follow the steps below to use polygonal selection windows.
1. Execute a modify tool.
2. At the command prompt select objects: type CP or WP (crossing polygon or window polygon) and press enter.
3. At the command prompt first polygon point: left click to specify the first point of the polygon.
4. Continue to left click to specify additional points of the polygon which should contain all of the objects to be modified and press enter to finish drawing the selection polygon.
5. Press enter to confirm the selection or enter CP or WP to make another selection.
6. Once the selection is complete the modify tool will behave as normal.