Issue 1 for Architectural Tips & Tricks
Welcome to this month's Graitec Architectural ‘Tips and Tricks’ newsletter. We have produced this with you our Clients, in mind. Our aim is to regularly pass on helpful Tips and Tricks on Autodesk Architectural Software products. We will try and keep this document full of useful and relevant information for you but if you want to make some suggestions on the content, drop us a line and we will do our best to include your requests.
Please take the time to look at the contents of this Newsletter, you never know, the answer to something that is puzzling you today may be right here.
This Months Tips Tricks Focus Is On
Very often multiple copies of a block or an object will need to be placed down in different areas at different orientations. This often means having to use the copy, move and rotate tools multiple times individually. The following describes how all of this can be combined using one express tool.
1. Execute the move, copy, rotate, tool from the following location within AutoCAD...
Ribbon Tab: Express Tools > Modify > move / copy / rotate
Or alternatively type mocoro on the command line
2. Pick the objects to modify and press enter.
3. Specify a base point.
4. On the command line choose copy (press c and enter) from the following prompt.....
5. Click to place a copy down at a new location and press enter to finish the copy command. (notice the copy is highlighted and the command line is prompting for a new option).
6. At the command prompt [Move/Copy/Rotate/Scale/Base/Undo]press r (rotate) and enter. Enter a rotation angle that suites your needs and press enter. (notice the copy has been rotated and is still highlighted).
7. At the command prompt [Move/Copy/Rotate/Scale/Base/Undo] press m (move) and enter. Move the object into place and press enter to finish the MOCORO command.
8. The base point of an object can be changed at any point during the command by typing b (Base) and enter from the command line prompt... [Move/Copy/Rotate/Scale/Base/Undo]