BIM Level 2 Certification
Building Information Modelling, or BIM, has already made a huge impact in the way we build. Not only does it ensure a better building quality, efficiency and sustainability, but the adoption of BIM brings firms additional benefits such as lower costs, better resource management and delivering projects on time. Couple your commitment to adopt this methodology with the attainment of company or personal BIM Level 2 Certification and you'll gain recognition for meeting the highest UK construction standards.
It is not a surprise then that the UK government mandates for all centrally procured public projects to be BIM Level 2 compliant and include all digital documentation and asset information. The NBS National BIM Report 2017, shows that 62% of the Construction Industry is already leveraging BIM workflows, but there is also a large percentage that have yet to adopt or are unsure how.
Does this mean that all SMEs and private projects do not need to implement BIM? Not at all, though not mandated in the private sector, the benefits of adopting BIM outweigh the costs and can give your firm a competitive edge over other suppliers and be the difference between winning a bid or not.
Achieving 3rd party BIM certification from BRE Global (the certification arm of BRE Group) - an independent and universally recognised authority in the construction sector will demonstrate to your existing and future customers that your work continues to meet the national BIM Level 2 standards and that they can trust you to deliver an excellent build.
Why choose BRE BIM Level 2 certification?
BRE has been at the centre of the research which has demonstrated the need for a standardised construction methodology and guided the development of the UK construction standards and BIM itself. Additionally, we’ve chosen to recommend BRE Global certification for the following reasons:
- A BRE Global Certification, is not Verification. The scheme not only assesses BIM Level 2 capability against PAS 1192:2-2013 it also seeks evidence of correct application at project level.
- Deep knowledge of BIM obtained through participation in the preparation of the government’s BIM Level 2 documentation.
- All assessors have a wealth of experience in their respective industries.
- Completely impartial assessment.
- Simple process with full feedback through all the different stages.
What are the benefits of BIM level 2 Certification?
In addition to gaining recognition for meeting the highest UK construction standards, being certificated by BRE Global brings you:
- An impartial assessment of your internal processes and workflows, identifying where improvements may be achieved.
- Reassurance that your processes are being correctly implemented on project work.
- BIM Level 2 compliant project delivery together with the knowledge and experience this brings.
- Showcase of your competencies and providing peace of mind to your customers.
- Independent evidence of compliance with BIM Level 2 (PAS1192-2:2013) for all future PQQ’s.
- A considerable competitive advantage in your field.
Which BIM certification to take?
BRE Global offers both business and personal certification, as well as pre assessment and training to support you to achieve this. If you’re an individual, you can choose from:
Informed Professional – Demonstrate yourBIM knowledge even if you’re not currently working on BIM projects. Certification prices start from £495.
Certificated Practitioner – Showcase your 'real world' competency on BIM as an active member of the Industry. Certification prices start from £595.
Where to start your BIM journey
Though 97% of professionals in the Industry are aware of BIM, understanding the complexities of the methodology has discouraged firms of all sizes from adopting it. We understand gaining BIM level 2 certification can seem like a gargantuan task to start with, but our specialist team have a history of successfully helping businesses of all sizes not only start the journey and undertake this process, but also ensure they make a success out of it.
If you don’t know where to begin your BIM journey, start by speaking to us. Our BIM experts will assess your situation and give positive feedback, aid with BIM implementation, training or supply and implement the collaboration software required to successfully adopt BIM and start reaping the benefits!