We recently had a client enquire it if is possible to add wing mirrors (also called door mirrors, or side mirrors) to a Rigid Body Truck. The client was designing a loading area in a tight space were there may be pedestrians walking around as the vehicle is manoeuvring.
This can be done by following a few simple steps:
1. Go to the Vehicle Tracking Ribbon and chose the Vehicle Library Explorer
2. Find the vehicle in the Vehicle Library Explorer you require. Right click on the vehicle and from the menu chose edit a copy.
3. The Vehicle Wizard Name Dialogue Box appears. Rename the Vehicle and click Finish. The newly named vehicle shall appear at the end of the Vehicle Library Explorer under the pool of vehicles used within your project.
4. Expand out the renamed vehicle and click on the tractor component. Right click on the selected component and chose edit from the menu.
5. The Unit Details Box appears. Chose the Body/ Outlines Tab. In the window expand Body outline (plan). Then expand Body. Notice it contains the elements the make up the vehicles body.
6. Chose Body in the window and the click New. The default Rectangle will appear under the Body. Then click OK.
7. Repeat Step 4: Expand out the renamed vehicle and click on the tractor component. Right click on the selected component and chose edit from the menu.
8. Highlight the Rectangle added to the Body, Step 6. In the Details Panel, click the drop-down menu beside Type. Chose Wing mirror.
9. In the Details Panel, The X and Y position of the Wing mirror can be adjusted. The Length and Width can also be adjusted. To ensure that two wing mirrors appear make sure the Mirror about the X-axis Box is checked. Click OK. The edited vehicle should have wing mirrors added.
We invite you to join our free Infrastructure webinars which will be available from August onwards. If you'd like to receive an invitation and exclusive offers on your inbox, why not subscribe to our mailing list.
To request more information about Autodesk Vehicle Tracking or to get a quote, please get in touch with us through the link below: