Service Pack 1 has just been released for AutoCAD Civil 3D and once again it comes with countless fixes making your user experience ten times better than it was before. These fixes have been spotted by both the Autodesk internal testing team and you the customers, so make sure you keep using the customer error reporting utility – after all it only takes a few clicks of a button.
Most of you have probably done service pack installs for what probably feels like years and years but for those newbies don't worry because it is as simple as pie. All you have to do is sign into the Autodesk Application Manager and press install, this will then upload all the maintenance patches and fix the errors you have been having trouble with.
It is recommended by Autodesk that you back up all custom CUIX, MNR and MNL files before installing the service pack, but this is in no way a mandatory. After the install is complete you should restart your computer, especially if it doesn't come up with a message telling you to do this. If you need this for a number of computers then this can also be done for a local network.
There have been fixes to all parts of AutoCAD Civil 3D software. Corridor modelling and analysis, pipe networks and pressure networks, alignments and profiles, surveys, grading and surfaces and also miscellaneous but the question is what do some of these fixtures include?
• The corridor feature line area now uses code set styles assigned to the corridor.
• The data-referenced gravity pipe network styles used to get reset when the source model was updated and/or the network synchronized, but this is no longer a problem.
• The application will no longer close when deleting a survey figure from the figure editor tool.
• When draped images are rendered and hardware accelerations is turned on it will no longer turn out mirrored.
• Correct Code files are now being read properly from the registry.
• A curve label will no longer show its content reversed when located at 0 and 180 degrees in a drawing.
There are so many more fixes that have been changed and these can all be found by going to the read me file. If you don't have AutoCAD Civil 3D but are interested in purchasing it then give us a call today on 023 8086 8947 or check out our software page for more info and then request a quote.