The first update for Autodesk Factory Design Utilities 2015 has been released and there are a number of issues that have been addressed and improved in order for your user experience to be the best it can be for manufacturing engineering.
It also features a security update for Heartbleed OpenSSL vulnerability. The issues wouldn't have been solved if customers didn't identify them so if something goes wrong makes sure you report it in order for Autodesk to keep fixing and improving the software as time goes on.
For this update to work on your machine you need to have either Autodesk Inventor 2015 with Facotry Design Utilities, AutoCAD Mechanical 2015, AutoCAD Architecture 2015 with Factory Design Utilities, Autodesk Navisworks Manage 2015 or Autodesk Navisworks Simulate 2015 with Factory Design Utilities. You need to have at least one of these applications installed and then you will be on your way to benefit from the updates in Factory Design Utilities.
Updates in Factory Design Utilities for AutoCAD 2015:
• Publish assets on localized versions or language packs for AutoCAD Architecture or AutoCAD Mechanical will no longer fail
• 3D asset representation: publish assets performance has been improved for using the blocks bounding box
• Unnecessary layers will no longer be created in the DWG file when synced with Inventor
• AutoCAD will no longer crash when a DWG file that was synced to Inventor is renamed and then opened
• CER dialogue will no longer pop out for some DWG files when the Sync Inventor Command is operated and it will no longer close AutoCAD Architecture 2015
• The block containing X-ref when published in AutoCAD will no longer be displayed incorrectly in the asset
• AutoCAD will no longer crash after placing a newly published 2D asset and undo
• Share on Publish function will now work for the command Publish Assets in AutoCAD
Updates in Factory Design Utilities for Inventor 2015:
• Performance on asset placement will no longer be slow as layout grows
• Check out now works to 2D/3D synchronized files if the Vault project file is set under Vault virtual root folder
• Inventor will no longer crash when operating the Sync AutoCAD command against a layout which contains assets which are published from point cloud data
• When publishing Asset Variants in any Inventor Language Pack other than the Factory Design Suite installation, it will no longer fail
• When operating Sync AutoCAD in the English Language pack of Inventor and Factory Design Utilities, the Style Conflict dialogue will no longer pop up
• CER (Customer Error Report): Inventor will no longer crash when: clicking measure command under Asset Property panel on the operation system for Windows 8 or 8.1, syncing AutoCAD in the situation of the previous synced DWG when its kept on, operating sync AutoCAD against some cloud assets or when editing one imported assembly in Asset Builder and the Defining Descriptor command
• Dragging chained conveyors performance is no longer slow when Snap to floor option is checked
There has only been a single issue fix in the update for Factory Design Utilities for Navisworks 2015. This is that when you attach RCS/RCP point cloud in AutoCAD 2015, drawing the point clouds now show up when open or when you append that drawing document in Navisworks.
The Readme file and downloadable update can be found here.
Alternatively if you would like purchase or upgrade to Factory Design Suite or have any questions about it then phone us on 023 8086 8947 and we will be more than happy to help.