It's that time of year again when we reveal what you can expect from the new version of your much loved and skilled design software. First up is AutoCAD 2015 - still available as an LT and in Design Suite the techies at Autodesk have developed an edition that is focused on the user friendly factor.
To start off the user interface has been dramatically refined to improve functionality and productivity. This has been done by creating a darker interface to reduce eyestrain and allows the chosen colours within your design projects stand out.
Overall it makes everything easier on the eye but if you miss the old lighter look then they have kindly given you the option to go back to your old favourite.
It also has an updated look for the canvas, grips and selection highlighting as well as the repositioning of buttons to enhance performance.
• When accessing your content in AutoCAD you can do this directly from a new installed ribbon on the interface which allows you to preview content to let you know your opening the right document.
Whilst working on your projects you will notice that a new tab function that has been developed to allow you to open new and existing drawings with ease. This makes the option of switching between one design and another quicker than before.
• Obviously you are going to make changes to your documents but sometimes you complete an alteration and decide that it doesn't quite work but now AutoCAD allows you to preview that change before it happens.
This means that you will never regret a modification with the help of the command preview. By showing you a how your design will look after the change and how it currently looks alongside each other you can compare and make an informed decision.
• Autodesk have had added a brilliant new variable for those of you who are using 2D wireframes. The new Linesmoothing tool makes it possible for you to turn on anti-aliasing of drawings in viewports to allow you to make your 2D objects look smoother.
• If you are used to using the Geographic Location function then you will be pleased to know that it has been enhanced to allow you to set your desired location on the new ribbon as well as giving you the option to capture online maps as static images.
• When designing you are now presented with the functionality of point cloud which has replaced Autodesk Recap to enable you to now control point size and density controls in one useful slider.
• The bonus of having AutoCAD 2015 allows you to experience the new Application Manager. This automatically comes with the new version and informs you of product updates and extensions including service packs and hot fixes. This can be centrally managed from an Autodesk Account portal and when you decide to you can seamlessly download and install updates.
Overall Autodesk have developed a much more project and user friendly AutoCAD which ahead of its release tomorrow has been hailed as the best release yet.
Call us today to upgrade or buy a new seat of AutoCAD 2015 or AutoCAD LT 2015 on 023 8086 8947 or request a quote and begin experiencing the new functionalities.