In this short blog I will be covering one of the “Must use” addins for Autodesk Inventor when using with Autodesk Vault. The My Vault Browser Add in can be found on the Autodesk Exchange Apps site and can be installed within seconds. I have put together a few steps to guide you through the installation process with a quick instructional video at the end to help.
1. Firstly, launch inventor and click on the Exchange Apps icon in the top right of the application.
2. Once the Exchange site has appeared on the screen, you can search the app store for the MyVaultBrowser app.
3. Scroll down and locate the MyVaultBrowser add-in and select it.
4. You will need to sign into the app store, if you don’t have an account you can easily create one. Once signed in you will be able to download the app by selecting the Download button on the right.
5. Making sure you have inventor closed, run the MyVaultBrowser installation, once installed, check you have the latest version and if you require more information about the app you can select the View documentation button.
6. Close then launch Inventor, you may be prompted by the Add-in Manager Security Alert. Click OK to continue.
7. If you received this message, then you will need to unblock the add-in, if not then go to step (9). Go to the Tools ribbon and select the Add-Ins button.
8. You will notice the MyVaultBrowser Load behaviour is Block, Untick the Block and tick the Loaded/Unloaded and the Load Automatically boxes.
9. Start a new part and go to the View Ribbon bar and under User Interface select MyVaultBrowser from the dropdown. You should see the Vault Browser appear on the right hand side of your graphics window.
Note: If you are unable to access the Add-in from the Exchange apps you can download the app direct from the link below: