Oh no! my content has gone missing!
Actually, no! The Revit 2018 start-up Project menu has been simplified but the Residential Template is still available, here is how to load it.
The templates menu is customisable; many practices will add their own Revit template or replace the default set with one of the many others that come with Revit
How to customise the menu
- Click on the File tab, (in 2018 or the Big R in earlier).
- In the bottom right of the Application menu click on Options.
- From the Options menu click on the File Locations.
- Click on the green plus symbol to add a template.
- The default template location opens and there is the Residential Template. Select ResidentialGBRENU.rte and click the Open button.
- Look in the name field, it will have the full file name but the Name field is there so we can change how the name appears in the list, consider it to be a ‘label’ and change it to your preferred name.
- Once added, with the Residential template selected we can change the appearance order using the move up and down buttons, look for the arrows with the ‘E’ symbol next to it.
- Should you want to remove a template from the list, select it and click on the red minus symbol.
- When finished click OK.
This completes the job, you now have a customised menu with the Residential template available.
Do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you'd like to learn more about our Autodesk certified Revit training courses, or if you would like to request a quote for this or any other products by following the link below: