It’s time for another blog post on what’s new in Inventor 2017! Our last post looked at the new Export 3D PDF feature and how Autodesk community feedback has contributed to Autodesk’s decision to introduce this feature.
This post looks at 10 new features in Inventor 2017 based on Autodesk community ideas.
If you would like to know more about how you can submit ideas, read on, otherwise check out the video below!
I have loads of ideas where do I go?
For those who are not aware Autodesk have the idea station.
A portal where users can voice their say on what they would like to see in the next release.
Users can post an idea for a new feature or enhancement on an existing feature, people then add kudos to an idea and if enough interest is generated your idea will be taken into consideration for a future product enhancement!
Check out the list below for features introduced in Inventor 2017 based on user ideas submitted to the idea station.
1. By popular demand – 3D PDF Export
2. Partial Section view cutting through parts
3. Transparent parts in Assemblies
4. Sketch Driven Pattern
5. Patter / mirror features in multiple solids at once
6. Open parts directly from parts list in drawing
7. Add alignment or orientation setting to the pattern tool
8. Finding a sketch reference – easier to identify and open cross part references right from the model browser
9. Column and table headers support text wrapping
10. Easily view parent child relationship of features
Autodesk are listening to you and they want your ideas and feedback for how Inventor can be improved.
If you have an idea that you would like to share with the community you can do so via the Idea Station.
When going on the idea station we recommend searching for your idea before submitting anything to avoid duplication.